Thursday, April 16, 2009

The day the music died.



My poor little mixer died a slow, painful death this morning. I was in the middle of making some homemade wheat rolls (to accompany creamy chicken noodle soup) for dinner tonight, when she went up in flames.


No, seriously. FLAMES. SMOKE. The horror!! Even worse, I'm making dinner to take to my sister-in-law tonight (she had a sweet little bambino on Tuesday). I've got the soup under control, but I'm going to have to *gasp* BUY the rolls at a bakery.

I'm such a bad example.


I got my Kitchen Aid mixer for my wedding almost 10 years ago. It's been a long, fun road, but I think she's officially gone. I'm going to try to get it fixed. But, seriously FIRE. Can you fix something that was on fire? As in, flames, burning, heat.
Almost worse than the pain of losing one of my favorite kitchen appliances (and most used!), is seeing the cost of buying a new one!
(Is it true that you can live with only one kidney?? Just curious.)

1 comment:

  1. I think you can...

    I try not to use my kitchenaid for bread dough, the delicate flowers just aren't strong enough for the task ;)

    I did, however, knead dough in my bosch and the thing flew off of the counter hitting the floor (gasp!). Luckily nothing broke, but that was a very intense moment where everyone in the kitchen got yelled at.

    ReplyDelete