I have been making this for several years now. I adapted it a bit today to use Shirley J products. You can make it either way with great success.
- 1 (15 oz) can WHITE corn niblets (Shoepeg corn), drained
- 1 can black olives, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 avocados, diced (you can add more or less, depending on size)
- Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small(as many as you like, I usually use around 7)
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. lemon juice (real lemons are preferable, but the bottle stuff is okay too)
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar *
- 1 tsp. dried oregano**
- salt & pepper
- Whisk sauce together and pour over salsa. Mix together. This is best if it marniates in the fridge for a few hours.
*You can substitute nearly any vinegar here. If I don't have apple cider vinegar, I will use another kind of vinegar and a splash of apple juice. I made this today and used red wine vinegar and apple juice.
**I originally made this with oregano. Today I substitued Shirley J pizza & pasta seasoning and it was great! I think I used a little less (I didn't measure), because the pizza/pasta seasoning is very strong, and a little goes a long way!
Things I used today:
Shirley J pizza & pasta seasoning