Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Menu Planning

It's a busy week! Preschool programs, t-ball practice, kindergarten graduation (sniff), memorial day weekend...Eek! We have so much going on this week, I'll be lucky if I even turn my oven on!

During all of this maddness, I am trying to plan my menu for the next few weeks. Are you a menu planner? I am! It's the only way I can successfully grocery shop! I write my menus, then add the ingredients to the grocery list. Every morning I'll look over the menu and see what I'm in the mood to make! Voila!

So...what's on your menu next week?


So far, here is what I'm planning on:

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, sweet potato fries [yams, they are called YAMS people!]
Flatbread Steak & Mushrooms Sandwiches (on the grill)
London Broil & Creamy Rissotto
Chicken Caprese w/ Basil Tomato Cream Sauce
Honey Mustard Chicken w/ Cheesey Tomato & Basil Orzo
Spicy Peanut Thai Stir Fry
Terriyaki Turkey Burgers or Pesto Turkey Burgers
Turkey Mozzarella patties w/ pasta
Roast Beef [a sunday meal]
Sundried Tomato Kabobs with tomatoes, and zucchini
Shredded Chicken Tacos with Tomatillo sauce

...and, I'm still working on it! I'm doing too many things at once, and I can't get my mind to focus!! I'll have to factor in baseball nights [quick & easy], and warm days [less oven, more grill].

So...what's on your menu? Or, are you an impromptu person?

3 comments:

  1. I am a menu person for sure! But, my menus are not as fancy as yours!!! They consist of hamburgers, homemade mac and cheese, lime chicken, breakfast burritos, chef salad,... most of which will basically kill you if you eat fast food, I try and make a healthier home version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine aren't fancy Whit!! Some are old faves, and some are new recipes, I am forever trying something new!

    Lime chicken sounds good---is it Mexican?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we come eat with you?

    ReplyDelete