Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rotisserie Style Chicken

[Once again, I apologize for the crap-tastic photo. I made this for Sunday dinner, and my husband started attacking it before I remembered to take a picture. He hurried and threw it on a plate, and I tried to take a picture where you couldn't see the chicken assualt. Also to be noted: I was holding a crying baby while taking this picture.]


I found a recipe very similar to this online several years ago. I played around with it, and here's what I came up with! This is a very easy "fix & forget" type of meal. Also, you can easily do 2 of these at once, and use the other for leftovers. [Soups, chicken salad, enchiladas, tacos, or even freeze it!]

Rotisserie Style Chicken [no rotisserie needed]

  • 4 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 onion, chunked
  • peeled cloves of garlic (I used 4)
  • 1 whole chicken 4-8 lbs. (Mine was 4 or 5)
  1. In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices. Clean out the treasures from the inside of the chicken. [I buy mine de-treasured!] Rinse the inside and outside of the chicken. [I hold it under the running water for a minute or two.] Pat dry.
  2. Rub the spice mixture inside and outside the chicken(s). Place the chunked up onion and peeled garlic inside the chicken. You can also place garlic underneath the skin if you'd like. [Whole, crushed or chopped.]
  3. Place the chicken(s) inside a ziploc bag. Put in the refrigerator for 24 hours or overnight. [I have done it for as little as 4 hours, and it's good, but it's much better if you let it sit for longer.]
  4. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 5 hours. [Slow and low gives you the super moist flavorful chicken.]

Easy! Two at a time is just as easy and gives you limitless meal options and one time cooking!

Things I used today:
Whole Chicken
garlic
onion

Check out todays blog post: blog.shirleyj.com Guest post---my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment