Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday food!


I've been cooking and baking for days!


My sweet baby girl is turning one this week [tomorrow]! So, instead of curling up in the fetal position and crying on the floor, I decided to throw a party instead!



We held her party on Saturday...an insanely hot [102 degree] day! We had a beach/pool themed party with a huge blow up water slide, a pool, water table, squirt guns and water fights! My intent was to have a big table of food and drinks outside...unfortunately, it was way too hot! So, we served the food inside, where it most likely wouldn't melt.




I used beach towels for the table cloths, served the food out of beach buckets, and served gallons and gallons of pink lemonade and water. [Fruit pizza, chicken salad & rolls, cold vegetable pizza, watermelon, a variety of goldfish crackers, water, pink lemonade, cake, cupcakes & ice cream!]




Recipes to follow shortly!




I'm still recovering, and hoping that tomorrow never comes!








Most of the food! I loved the colors!
Just for the record, I am NOT a cake decorator. I can do a lot of things, but decorate and make cute cakes isn't one of them! This was my best attempt. Please, don't mock me.
Someday she'll thank me for the stress decorating birthday cakes causes me!
The [as healthy as I could make it] smash cake!

3 comments:

  1. those cakes are adorable! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Love the table spread...what cute ideas! Not to mention the flip flop cake!!! My birthday is in January, in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i love the cakes! especially the flip flop one! your rock!

    ReplyDelete