Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Island Style Grilled Chicken



This was one of those "accidental" dinners. I had originally planned on grilling this chicken and serving it with something else. The rice was to go with a mexican type salad [Cafe Rio style, for you UC'ers {utah county}], but it just ended up like this. In the end, we made them into "tacos" and served them with fresh tortillas, tomatoes from the garden and cheese.


This chicken marinade is based on a chicken my husband and I had on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. It's very lime-y, and island-y and just...yum.


Actually, that's a bold faced lie. I can't remember ANY of the food that we ate in the Bahamas. Wait, we had a kickass [sorry mom] can of Pringles that we bought at some ghetto grocery store while searching desperately for bottled water. [You think I'm kidding?] That's about what I remember of my culinary journey to the Bahamas. That, and while waiting for room service [one time, people] in our hotel [motel] in Florida, I found a lizard/gecko/reptile IN THE BATHROOM. I had a total cartoon moment where I jumped up on the toilet seat and screamed like a girl.


This chicken really has nothing to do with that at all. But it's really good, and actually doesn't remind me of lizards and motel toilets in the slightest.



Island Style Grilled Chicken

  • 3 T. soy sauce
  • 2 T. honey
  • 2 T. oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or just cracked
  • juice from 2 limes, as well as the zest from 1
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  1. Mix ingredients together, add chicken and marinate for up to 24 hours. [I like to add the limes---after they are juiced and zested, right into the marinade!]
  2. Grill to perfection!
*If you wanted more of an asian-island flair, sub some of the oil with sesame oil. Mmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment