These aren't your traditional PB cookies! They are fun, because you can change out the "mix-ins" and alter them to your tastes. The dudes helped me make these, and decided to add peanut butter reese's pieces [the ones made for baking--they are smaller]. You could easily add mini-m&m's, chocolate chips...whatever you have on hand!
These are also a great "pantry" cookie. They use up oats, peanut butter, brown sugar...things that almost everyone always has on hand!
Monster PB cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. peanut butter [creamy, crunchy is gnarly]
- 4 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
- mix ins: reeses pieces, plain m&m's, chocolate chips, or a mixture of each!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for candies, until well combined. Mix in candies.
- Drop cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Do not overbake! Cool for a few minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set enough to transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
[Cookies will be soft until they are completely cooled! Even then they will be a softer cookie!]