Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes




These aren't your everyday pancakes! These are definitely more rich, time consuming and tasty. They will probably make you fat if you eat a lot of them, so I don't recommend that. Have one or two, and then hit the treadmill!


These were our "1st day of school pancakes." The dudes [and Z-diggity] went crazy for them. They have that oatmeal cookie, banana bread-y taste and quality. I don't think you even need syrup for these, but try telling that to my 6 year-old and my 4 year-old.


If/when I make these, I mix all of the dry ingredients together and store it that way, then add the liquids in the morning when I make them. It saves a lot of time, and makes them less work. [Mason jars are great for this! Premeasure and mix your dry ingredients, put into a jar, seal up the lid and put them in your pantry!]


[Thanks to my friend for the recipe...I only altered it a little bit!]
Oatmeal Cookie/Banana Bread Pancakes



  • 1 c. oats
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 c. sour cream
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 c. melted butter
  • Optional ingredients: 3/4 c. raisins, 1/4 c. walnuts [I didn't add either]


  1. Mix together the dry ingredients. In a different bowl, mix together the sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Fold into the dry ingredients. Mix in the mashed bananas. Finally, stir in the melted butter.

  2. Cook on a hot griddle.

These are "softer" pancakes. They are tricker to "flip" to cook the other side. They are very filling, but the littles absolutely loved them. In fact, a few hours after breakfast, Camden walked around the house eating cold pancakes all morning.


They also freeze well!

No comments:

Post a Comment