Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Steak. [The reason he still loves me!]


I don't even want to talk about today.
[Except that he loved it, and he didn't even mind being away from me for six and a half hours. He said, "It was the best day ever!" And I cried. And he said, "I can't wait for tomorrow." And I cried some more. Then I called my husband and told him we needed to have more babies. And he laughed.]

So. This steak is the answer to that. If you want your husband to, well, make babies [or mow the lawn, take out the trash, finish painting the bathroom {ahem}, iron clothes, clean behind the fridge...] then this is your answer!

My husband loves this steak. Truth be told, the littles love it too. Shocking, I know!

Baby Makin' Steak Marinade
  • 1/2 c. olive oil [maybe a bit more depending on how many and how big your steaks are]
  • 3 T. steak seasoning [I like to use 2 T. regular and 1 T. spicy]*
  • 3 T. soy sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced [or just crushed is fine too]
  • steak [whatever kind you prefer]
  1. Combine ingredients and pour over steaks in a plastic bag. Turn bag to make sure steak[s] are completely covered.
  2. Refrigerate and let marinate for 24 hours [trust me], continuing to turn and "rub it in" during the 24 hours. [You can do it for less, but trust me, it's worth it.] [Also, trusting a semi-vegetarian when it comes to steak is a slippery slope. I'm just sayin'.]

*Any kind of steak seasoning will do, but I use the basic McCormicks kind with great success.

*Pictured with Twice Baked Potato [mash], fresh corn on the cob and grilled zucchini.

1 comment:

  1. Anna--I still cry and my son is in second grade. I just about lost it in front of the whole school on back to school night.

    You should ask if you can visit and have lunch with him, I did that once, and it was the best experience I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete