Monday, November 2, 2009

Fondue= Fun Dinner


This "dark early" stuff is killer! Sorry for the crappy kitchen lighting.

The other night Camden [my middle child, poor kid], asked what we were having for dinner. I told him, "Fondue!" He said, "Oh wow! I love Fun-dinner!"

So, for now, fondue is called fun dinner. Honestly, a perfect name for this! My boys absolutely LOVED having this for dinner. They loved dipping different things into the sauce, picking their own color of "fondue fork", basically playing with their food.

I'm thrilled because they ate a ton of broccoli, carrots, chicken...and they didn't even realize it!

I served this with homemade french bread [recipe to come!], garlic broccoli [you could easily use raw broccoli, but this was SO good in fondue!], raw carrots, and rotisserie style chicken. I put the fondue pot in the middle of the table, and plates lined with the "dippies" surrounding it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the fondue that I made. It was a recipe that I'd been wanting to try for a seriously LONG time. It had great reviews, so I followed it exactly, and I was pretty disappointed. So...back to the drawing board. It's on the menu again in a few weeks [because the dudes loved it so much!], so I'll be making my own fondue recipe, and I'll post it then!

Stay tuned for the homemade french bread recipe. It's my moms recipe, and it's pretty much awesome.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! I have never thought of doing fondue for kids, but it makes perfect sense. I'm totally going to do this too... If you find a good recipe, post it!

    ReplyDelete