Comments that followed: "This is better than pumpkin pie!" "Ooooooh. This is soooooo goooood."
The graham cracker crust and cheese cake layer are something different. It pairs nicely with the light, cinnamon/nutmeg flavor of the pumpkin layer.
- 1 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs [reduced fat/low sugar is fine!]
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, melted [gulp]
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened [light is fine!]
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 pkgs. sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix [3 3/4 oz. size]
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. cooked, mashed pumpkin [or 16 oz can]
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- 12 oz. cool whip, thawed [fat free/light works great]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make graham cracker crumbs in food processor, this works best to get the right texture. Combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Beat until fluffy. Spread over crust. Bake for 25 minutes. [Bake until center is close to being set. Jiggle the pan, and if the middle moves a lot, keep baking!] Cool.
- Combine pudding mix and milk. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer. Add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Fold in half of the cool whip. Spread over the cooled cream cheese layer.
- Cover with remaining cool whip.
*I didn't measure my cinnamon and nutmeg. I just sprinkled it in, tasted it, and added more until it was right. You won't need a TON, just enough to give it some flavor. I'd guess I used about 1/2 tsp. of each. Maybe more, maybe less. How is that for vague?