Friday, January 22, 2010

Toddler Food Genius



I meant to post about this months and months ago, but never got around to it. 

I was talking to my sister-in-law a week or so ago about things she could easily feed her little boy.  I told her about this idea, and then remembered to post it here.

I can't remember where this idea originated.  I did it with Camden, and now with Zoe. 

This is something that you can have on hand, for a quick, healthy well balanced meal for toddlers.  Not to mention, it's fast!  No need for processed food, filled with junk they don't need!!

No recipe, just a method.  Mix up a batch of from scratch pancake mix [or you can use a mix, if you prefer].  To the mix, add anything you have on hand.  Leftovers work great for this!  Cooked veggies, little pieces of meat [chicken, ham, etc], shredded cheese, anything!!  Make sure that everything is cut small enough for your baby/toddler before you mix it in. 

Cook them up on a hot griddle, just like regular pancakes.  Store them in the freezer, and then warm in the toaster/microwave one at a time when you need them. 

You can also make a "sweet" version by adding applesauce to the batter, and adding chunks of fruit [canned or fresh], and serving it with yogurt.



1 comment:

  1. what a great idea anna! I'll have to try this fo sho.

    ReplyDelete