Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cheeeeeese Ball.

Totally forgot to take a real picture.
For my sons 5th birthday [sob], we threw a space themed bash.  Among the gnosh and snacks, I made a cheeseball [with a cute little sign in it that said "moon cheese"].  Yeah, I know.
I think I might be a cheeseball making addict now.  So many possiblities!  I can't wait to try more. 
I made a "ranch" cheeseball.  Why?  Going for something almost everyone would love, including the kids.  It ended up being a huge hit! 

Found this recipe online, and it's worth sharing!
Ranch Cheeseball

  • 2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened almost to room temp.

  • 1 1/2 c. shredded finely shredded cheese [I used cheddar]

  • 1/2 to 3/4 pkg.  1 oz. ranch dip [dry pack]

  • small bag slivered almonds

  1. Yeah...that's all you need! 

  2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and ranch together---a fork works well for this.  You don't want the cream cheese too soft, but not too cold either. 

  3. Once incorporated, mix in the shredded cheese until all incorporated.

  4. Use your [clean] hands and roll it into a ball.  Pour the almonds [or pecans] onto a plate, and roll the cheeseball in the almonds. 

  5. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
So no brainer, really. 

 
This has so many possibilities.  I'm not a huge fan of "ranch" in a bag, but it worked well for this recipe.  Can't wait to try other combos.  Now I just need a reason to make cheeseballs.  Hmm.  Is Easter a big cheeseball holiday??

    1 comment:

    1. You are the best! Whenever I need a recipe you seem to have it! Thank you. Sam's favorite thing is cheese and crackers. What a freak! Can't wait to make this for him

      ReplyDelete