Monday, March 22, 2010

In Love.


I'm in-freaking-LOVE with my new ice cream maker. 

We bought an ice cream maker [think old skool with rock salt, and a cork], right after we got married.  We used to always make homemade ice cream!  We had a lot of fun trying out different recipes, adding things in, and generally being cool.  [We were oh-so-cool 10 years ago...]

I've wanted one of the new "cool" and oh-so-fancy ice cream makers, but I don't have $300 to lay down at Williams Sonoma to get one.   So, I coveted.

[Isn't that one of the 7  deadly sins?  If it is, so is gluttony, right?  I like to make sure to committ fully to my sins.] 

But, I saw this little countertop ice cream  maker at Costco!!  It was only $39 and included an extra bowl.  Boo-yah.  Thank you to my awesome mother-in-law who bought it for me for my birthday.  [She doesn't know it, becuase she gave me cash, which I converted into an ice cream maker.]

I've had it for 2 weeks, and have already gotten some great use out of it!

Last night I made fresh raspberry sorbet.  Last week I made honey peach frozen yogurt.



Helll-o awesome. 

What are your favorite ice cream recipes?  Frozen yogurt?  I've already written down a ton of ideas.  Now...if only the weather would stay nice so I could test them all out!!


[A cool feature: super easy to make slushies for the midgets!  Just add any drink and turn it on until it's a slushy!  Going to be stellar in the middle of the summer!]

6 comments:

  1. You MUST, MUST try David Lebovitz's salted butter caramel ice cream.....It is so good! It's a little labor intensive, but, oh SO worth it! Just this recipe alone makes having an ice cream maker worth it! Congrats! http://tinyurl.com/ybydpbd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, TOTALLY going to try that recipe! Thank you!! Or maybe not. I'd really prefer not to gain 20 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is a great idea--slushies! And that salted carmel ice cream sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahhh! I am freaking out for you! You have to buy The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz! I love the recipes in there...especially the chocolate (custard-style) one.

    I also just made and awesome burnt sugar ice cream that I'll be sharing on my blog soon! :)

    I love ice cream. I'm so happy for you!

    Frieda, that salted butter caramel ice cream is on my list to make this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy freakin crap, we're in trouble!!

    Last night I made mint cookie ice cream. I only had a tiny bite, but are you kidding me?! Smooth, creamy, deeelicious! My husband was going nuts over it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my fav is nutella icecream. it is so good. i also love the red mango type frozen yogurt...you make it w/greek yogurt. i can send you the recipes if you want. i love our icecream maker and i'm wishing we had an extra bowl!

    ReplyDelete