Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kabob Marinade


It's definitely summer when the dudes and I start making lemonade! Yesterday was baking day, so we made lemonade and some treats [recipes to come].  They decided they wanted strawberry lemonade, so I threw a bunch of strawberries into the blender, and added them to the mix.  It turned out amazingly good.  The color is pretty awesome too.

If you haven't made any lemonade this summer, I highly suggest you get to it!


To go along with our lemonade, we made some killer kabobs.  I can't wait until we can use all the veggies in our garden!  I love, love grilled veggies. 

 

Kabob Marinade
*This makes a lot of marinade.  You can cut it in half if you'd like.  I like to make a lot, because I marinate my veggies in it as well!

1 1/4 c. oil [NOT olive oil]
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. mustard [you can use dry or regular, won't really matter in the end]
salt [didn't measure
pepper [didn't measure]
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
2-3 crushed garlic cloves
1/3 c. lemon juice [I didn't really  measure---I think I used a whole lemon]


  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.  In a large bowl, place meat and veggies, pour marinade over top.  [Before adding marinade, poke your meat with a fork or knife all over.]  If you are sketchy about your veggies and meat hanging out in the same pool, you can do 2 bowls, one for the meat, one for the veggies.

  2. Cover the bowls and refrigerate all day, or overnight.  [I'm usually not awesome enough to remember to do it the night before, so I do it in the morning.]

  3. Thread meat and veggies on skewers and grill.  I usually don't intermix my veggies and meats on the same skewer, because I find that everything cooks at different rates.  Plus, I think it looks more orderly the way I do it.
This can be used for chicken, beef, any kind of meat you like.  Any veggies work great, this particular night we did onions [my fave], and zucchini.  I also love yellow squash, red & green peppers, mushrooms...the sky is the limit!




1 comment:

  1. i love homemade lemonade and when i first saw your pic i thought it was in my kitchen. we made strawberry last year and it was the same pink in the same bottles. yum.

    ReplyDelete