Monday, August 30, 2010

harvest.

My fridge, counter, and bowls are packed to the brim with fruits and vegetables!  It's that oh-so-wonderful time of year!  I am seriously going to have to be creative to use all the stuff we have on hand before it goes bad!

I'd also like to thank my sister-in-law for introducing me to bountiful baskets.  For those of you that are in Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and Washington, check it out!  You won't be disappointed! 

This was our bountiful baskets haul from Saturday morning: in the bag are fresh green beans, sweet potatoes, plums [they are SO good], oranges, bananas, grapes, broccoli, tomatoes, nectarines [also delicious!], mangoes, celery and lettuce!  Not too shabby for $15, right?!

 We were not disappointed this week! Although, now I'm wondering if I should wait to order again until our garden is done producing!  It's insane the amount of stuff I need to eat, freeze, cook or bottle/can this week!
A *tiny* sampling of what we picked from the garden this week.  You'll notice the abundance of romas, jalapenos and onions: I made salsa yesterday! Most of the green and red peppers were used last week when I made jalapeno salsa...but holy snot, I have 10 million jalapenos still in my garden.  Anyone need some?!  I don't know what inspired me to plant TWO jalapeno plants this year! 

3 comments:

  1. love bountiful baskets and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps!!! I wonder if you would want to do a tutorial and giveaway? it would be great for your blog and oh so fun! shoot me an email ohsweetbasil@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you put up this post about Bountiful Baskets. I had not idea that there were food co-ops like this. $25 for a basket of organic produce is a steal. I can't wait to see what's in my basket this week. It's like Chrismas.

    ReplyDelete