My midgets love breakfast foods. Cereals, oatmeals, pancakes, waffles, crepes, eggs...they love it all!
[In fact, there are the occasional nights where I make breakfast for dinner. And the kids cheer.]
My friend gave me this recipe, and we thought we'd give it a whirl. The midgets loved it!
You definitely don't have to serve this as "sandwiches". They would be great as regular pancakes---maybe use your jam/jelly, reduce it down to a syrup and serve it that way!
PB Pancake Sandwiches
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. peanut butter [creamy]
- 1 egg
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- Jelly or Jam [I used homemade raspberry]
- cream cheese
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the peanut butter, egg and sugar until combined. Whisk in the milk until combined.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. [Okay to have a few lumps, don't overmix!]
- Cook on a hot griddle for about 2-3 minutes a side.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together jam and softened [or whipped] cream cheese until combined.
- Take a cooled pancake, spread with jam/cream cheese mixture, and top with another pancake to make a sandwich.