Yes, I realize that is the worlds longest muffin name. But, it's necessary.
I made a batch of these the other day [makes 24 muffins], and they were gone in almost 2 days! One morning, my oldest midget had FOUR muffins for breakfast. The littles LOVED these!!
Although the title says "peanut butter" muffins, the peanut butter flavor isn't that strong, it kind of hangs out in the background. So, don't be scared of all the competeing flavors, the all work together to make a super delicious muffin!
These bake up really pretty, and present very well!
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar [I know, in a muffin?! Trust me!]
- 1 T. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 c. milk
- 3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
- 3 T. oil [can sub applesauce!]
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Mix into dry ingredients, stir just to combine. Add in chocolate chips. [I do all of this by hand, not with a mixer, it makes a BIG difference in muffins!]
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with liners [spray inside of liners as well]. Fill 3/4 full, making about 24 muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.