Friday, December 3, 2010

Cranberry BBQ Chicken

Yeah, I know the picture sucks.  It's too dark to get a decent looking picture these days.  Deal.
Did you accidentally buy 43 cans of cranberry sauce when it was on sale?  Join the club.  (Actually I didn't, I like fresh made cranberry sauce.  BUT, don't let that stop you.)  This is a quick, easy, kind of funky dinner!  A great twist on traditional BBQ chicken.

Crockpot Cranberry Barbecue Chicken
  • 3-4 chicken pieces (I used about 1.5 pounds)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (16 oz.) can WHOLE BERRY cranberry sauce (not the jelly that stays shaped like the can)
  • 1 c. barbecue sauce (your favorite. I'm super picky about BBQ sauces...I like homemade ones, or the Shirley J mix.  Jack Daniels is the best "store bought" one I have found.)
  1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.  (Spray cooker before adding ingredients, it will make it easier to clean!) 
  2. Cover and bake on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.  (Unless your cooker cooks really high and fast like mine does, then do it for less time!) 
  3. Optional: Before serving you can thicken the sauce with cornstarch.  I can't remember if I did or not...
A quick, no-brainer meal.  We all need those sometimes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment