Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Buttermilk Waffles


**Once again, I apologize for my summer hiatus.  I have been spending almost no time on the computer---instead trying to hang out with my little midgets and have fun.  So far, it's working!  School starts soon (sadly), so maybe I'll get my groove back by then!
Yes, another breakfast recipe.

Seriously though, these are some seriously good waffles!  Just ask my kids, they ate them by the truckload.

Buttermilk Waffles

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 3/4 c. buttermilk
  • 1/2 c. butter melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract (real, not fake---vanilla bean paste is also good here, but will make them a bit sweeter)
  • 1 3/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  1. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter & vanilla.  In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients; combine the wet and dry ingredients just until smooth.
  2. Spray your waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray before preheating it.  Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until your iron stops steaming.  [Will vary depending on your waffle iron.]
Serve traditionally with butter and syrup...or with strawberries & vanilla bean whip cream (our house favorite). 

No comments:

Post a Comment